Where to start when it comes to branding…
You’ve finished your business plan and you’re ready to start, but you’ve hit a cross-road. You need a brand – a ‘face’ to meet and connect with your audience. But where do you start?
When starting a business, you need to consider your product or service, how it all works, profit, margin, etc… but when it comes to starting to think about branding, you need to look beneath the surface and think about your identity. Most of the key information about your identity lies in the ‘why’ questions, and it’s this information which helps a designer to be strategic when creating your visual brand so that it works perfectly and elevates you from the rest. You may struggle to think about the core things which define your company’s identity, but below are a few questions to help kick things off.
Key questions to kick-start the branding process:
1) What makes you different from your competitors? What makes you, you?
2) Do you have a unique story to why you started your business?
3) Why are you in this industry? What are you passionate about?
4) How do you want to be perceived?
5) What is the underlying benefit that you offer your customers? WHY do your customers choose you? And why is this important?
If you’ve considered these things and have reason for the ‘WHY’S’, get in touch and we can discuss how we can work together to create a genuine visual brand that refects your entity’s identity.